CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 24, 2012

happy first birthday carter!

I cannot believe I have a one year old! Where did the last 50 weeks go? Since it has been ages since I updated anything on here I wanted to share some of the things my very toddling toddler is now doing.

Talking. All. The. Time. (I just don't know where he gets it!) He can say Mommy, Daddy, Up, No-no, and a variety of words that only he understands. I do believe he is trying to say please when he wants something but I am not completely sure of that.

Walking, falling, crawling, etc. He started walking at 10 months and about 2 weeks later decided that the two or three steps he was taking at a time were not sufficient so he started taking mote like10 steps at a time. He is now into EVERYTHING and babyproofing is a constant challenge

Carter is an observer. We have noticed when we go out places where there a lot of people that he is just content watching them. It is so strange to see his almost shy side around other kids because at hone he is anything but reserved.

I am sure most parents would say this, but he is funny! This baby or big boy I guess I should say is stinkin hilarious. He knows when to do things to get a laugh out of someone and he takes it. He also thinks that I am quite funny which is a huge confidence booster. (:

He loves music which is good since his radio is never, ever turned off. We leave K-Love playing in there nonstop and he will "sing along" and even dance to some songs. It fills my heart with joy to know that he enjoys music so much... I truly pray he is not tone deaf...

Carter loves to read, in fact, in all his toy crates around the house are books and it is not uncommon to see him sitting in he floor reading to himself. It is one of the cuter things.he does.

Lastly this buy likes to eat. And eat. And eat. He has to have the worlds fastest metabolism because he eats like he is a 14 year old. Some favorites are broccoli (yeah you read that right), raisins, chicken, turkey, cheese, pickles and his current all time favorite is blueberries. So far he is not a huge fan of mandarin oranges, cucumbers, and zucchini but we will try them again in a few weeks and see what he thinks. We made the switch to whole milk about 2 weeks ago because I just couldn't stomach the idea of buying another can of formula and it has gone remarkably well...especially considering that we also began to transition away from the bottle and only use sippy cups except for the bedtime bottle.

Carter, you have brought so much joy and love into Daddy and my hearts that I can't even explain it to you. I love the opportunity to be your Mommy and I love Miss Megan for allowing me this privilege. I pray that as you continue to grow that you will begin to know and love Jesus and begin to listen to Him guiding you through life. I am so proud of all the things you do already and so well and I can't wait to see what else you will learn this year. You are so special and Mommy loves you. Happy 1st birthday.

0 comments: